carpentry

carpentry

Monday 14 March 2011

Monday 14 march 2011

Yesterday we worked on our saw stools. 1st we went to the work shop and we had to dress our own pieces of 2x4's. (wood 50x100) we used a thickenesser, bench planer and a dimension saw.

after we dressed our pieces of wood we took them to our class room and started marking out the plan on to our pieces of wood. After i marked my lines i started to chisel away. I made a few mistakes like chiseling to hard and it chipped of parts of my wood that i didn't want gone. but i fixed my mistakes, i Glued my work back on. i think it was my big muscles aye. hahaha  and after i finished chiseling we went to the class room and we learnt how to do a site set out step by step. i also learnt that a DATUM point never ever moves. it is a fixed point. Your DATUM point gives you the height. it is also used for man hole covers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment