carpentry

carpentry

Monday 28 March 2011

21/03/2011

                            SAW STOOL
-Housings
-Logs
        * how to fit into housing?
1st i marked out the parts of my top piece of wood to house my legs in, then i started chiseling it out. I used my craft knife, chisel, hammer, and square to check out if my housings that i was chiseling out was accurate and flat and made sure that my housings weren't sticking out.

        *how to fix (NAIL)?
when  your nail comes out of the wood simply hit the other side or conter sink your nails.  
        *what steps were there cutting the legs to size?
1st i marked out the angles and the parts i was going to cut off. the angles were already made for us so we only had to work to one angle. after cutting my angle i planed my legs. i put the legs onto the housings and i had to use my square to check if my legs were straight and if they wern't then i planed the legs to size. i didn't plane all the way to the end because it would chip and wreck the ends of my wood. 
-Cleats
        *how did we mark out?
The cleats were marked out by placing the cleats on both of the legs and marking out the shape on the outside of the legs onto the cleats.  
        *how to get it nice and tight?
to get your work nice and tight to have to make sure your housings and parts fit in perfectly.. always make sure that your housings have no bumps in the middle.  
        *tricks in planing?
never ever plane all the way through the piece of wood. always make sure your plane is sharp and try practicing on some off cuts before planing your own work. 
-Braces
        *how to mark out?
1st you grab a 100 x 25. and mark 50mm up from both ends of the wood and mark it, then connect the two markings by drawing a line.  
        *what was tricky?
chiseling out was tricky because i had to chisel out on an angle.
        *witch tools did you use?
*HAMMER
*CHISEL
*PENCIL
*SQUARE
*PLANE.

No comments:

Post a Comment